Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time for Frodo

As I write this, my dog, Frodo, is laying on the floor snoring while twitching his cute little paws. I don't know what he's dreaming about, but I hope he's somewhere like a green grassy meadow beside a babbling brook with lots of colorful butterflies to chase (or perhaps in his case, a rabbit or two).

Frodo's favorite spot is the back of the chair in our living room where he can look out the window when he wakes from periodic napping. I gave him a pillow for this picture - he's not spoiled.

He and Don took a walk today around the wooded area off our street. He came back with his tongue hanging out and looking for water (I'm talking about Frodo, not Don, but they do look and act alike sometimes - family resemblances).

In a couple of weeks, Frodo will go on a diet and exercise program with both of us. I'd like to get a mountain bike, but I'm not sure if I can take him with me while I'm riding through the woods. Also, Don and I want to start going to the gym again. It's going to be hard to do the kind of exercise Don and I want to do while getting exercise in for Frodo too. We'll have to figure that out.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Oh he is so cute - I don't have a dog but a kitten and she, too, loves to sleep on the top of the armchair looking out of the window. Judith