Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's My Birthday!!!

Hello. My name is Frodo. I'm a pure bred beagle and TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! Usually I don't write on this blog, but today is a special day. You see, I'm five years old today. What makes it more special is that I was rescued from a hunter in Tennessee when I was just a puppy. I don't think I remember it though. I came from a litter of eight to ten other puppies. All of them males.

What makes this day every year (and actually, every day of the year) so special is knowing that I survived. Out of all those cute little puppies, I was the only one who lived. My present Mommy and Daddy got me out of that hunter's care just in time. Right after I arrived in New Jersey, parvo, a deadly disease, struck the young pups. The hunter tried to "doctor" the sick puppies, but each one of them died a horrible death. When my vet technician was asked about it, he said that there was no sense in it. Had they been taken care of correctly and seen by a veterinarian from birth, they would have lived. So you see, I am very fortunate and blessed.

I love where I am living now, and I live life to the fullest. I love long walks in the park, wading through water, smelling flowers, playing "belly belly" with Daddy, snuggling on cool evenings and sunning on the deck. What a life!

I do encourage people, though, to rescue a dog if you can open your home and your heart to others like me. We all appreciate it and need someone to love and love us back.

I'm posting a few pictures of me. I know pictures of me have been posted before, so I'll just post a few. One of my favorites is the picture of me on a boat. I call it, "King of the World." Well, I'm off. Gotta live that life I was telling you about. There's just not enough time to curl up and sleep on the bed!
















4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Happy Birthday, Frodo!!

We all got rescued, too, but no one know our birthdays for real. However, since three of us, Joey, Sammy, and Max, came to live with our mom in June last year, we celebrate our birthdays on the days we came to our home.

We all agree with you that if people like dogs, they should find one like you and us, dogs who really, REALLY need a good, safe, happy home.

We hope you live to be 50 years old, Frodo!

Love from Joey, Sammy, Max, Jazmyn and Lola

Life With Dogs said...

Happy birthday to you! And you are one lucky dog, with a wonderful human pack!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Happy birthday, Frodo. Did you know that you are named after my very favorite character in all of literature? You are a lucky dog indeed. My mom and dad were very careful to protect me from that parvo disease. I'm about a year younger than you.

Your new blogging friend,
Smokey

P.S. My mom says to thank your mom for visiting our blog.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com