Monday, July 13, 2009

The Nine to Five Grind

I'm going on my second week now. This job is definitely not boring. There is something to do every minute of every day. As a matter of fact, there are so many things to learn, I'm almost afraid for the resigning secretary to leave her position. She's a great trainer, but the job can be overwhelming to learn. I think I'm doing okay though. I'm just having to take a lot of notes. Hey, I'm older now and my memory isn't as good as it once was. But I can't really blame it on that. There would be a lot to learn even for someone a lot younger.

I miss Frodo. I think he misses me in the daytime hours too. He's snuggled at my feet as I write this. He was snoring a few minutes ago. Dog snores are so cute.

I think Don is happy that I'm working again. I sort of like the routine of it all. Although, I do miss all the hours of doing whatever I felt like when I felt like it. Now I have to schedule everything. Even my off time. I have to make a "to do" list just to pay bills or mop the floor. Everything has to be more organized or I won't have enough daylight hours to get it done.

Well, maybe that part will feel better over time. I'm still glad I got hired. I really like the job.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your job. If you like what you're doing it isn't a job, but a great way to fill your time AND make money. I did my time. Any job I might take from this time on is penance, and would be only of necessity to put food on my table!

Stephanie Brandt said...

Even though I stay home (but do work from home), I find that I usually manage my time better when I'm busier. I'm sure you miss the free time, though, but glad you're enjoying the new job!

Daisy said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying your job.