Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

My wife brought to my attention that I have not posted for awhile. It has been very busy since the first of July. I started school the 6th and it has been keeping me busy. It is going well but this is a very basic class. I'm sure it will get harder before it gets easier.
Then I have been working a lot of hours. Why I don't know, because obviously its not been appreciated by anyone outside my work group. We have a new contract that starts the 1st of August and although I have been doing the same job for 30 years, the FAA in their infinite wisdom has decided that since I don't have a 4 year degree I obviously don't know what I am doing. Therefore through the wording of the contract, my new company was forced to decrease my salary by a substantial amount. I am now making what I was making 10 years ago! I am very bummed out about this, but there is not much I can do. The funny thing is I will still be doing the same job that I have been doing! That's our government in action at its finest! Well enough venting. I hope everyone is having a great summer. I need to get back to blogging about Frodo he is a lot more interesting!


4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Well, now, isn't that just another dandy way to help the economy? Let's reduce everyone's salary and no one can afford anything! When you get the degree, does your salary immediately jump back up? And how much do you need to do for that 4 year degree?

I assume you know this, but you can test out of many classes, and at (ahem) your age, my guess is that your life experiences would give you the necessary knowledge to do so. Worth looking into, perhaps. Meanwhile, good luck!

I was a late bloomer. Right out of high school, I had no idea what I wanted to do, so I didn't go to college. I thought I would after a couple years, but got married and had babies. Then in my late 30's I had an epiphany and started college. I finished with my master's degree at 44. I enjoyed school at that age, and enjoyed a new career for nearly 20 years before I retired.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl - I'm back and thanks for your comment on windows messenger.

Sorry to hear about your situation Don - its deeming for a man of your experience.

take care, Judith

Daisy said...

I am very sorry to hear this. My boyfriend did not get a raise this year "because he was not enrolled in school". Nevermind that he goes above and beyond everyone else in that office and no one in the company has anything good to say about the laziest most unprofessional woman there.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com