Saturday, August 29, 2009

John Deere Green

Believe it or not, for the first time in a couple of months, I finally feel like I have a few minutes to sit down and post. It's been kind of a rough few months for me. I think I'm getting old! It has never taken me this long to get used to a job. But I think I'm almost there. Things have calmed down at work quite a bit. Now I have two full days off a week. For a while there, I was beginning to think I might not have what it takes anymore. It's still and always will be a really busy office, but I now see light at the end of the tunnel. Thank goodness for Don's encouragement. "You're new. It will get easier," he said. He was right.

I bought Don an I-Phone for his birthday. He wasn't sure about it at first, but loves it now. He took it with him to Minnesota to visit our children and grandchildren. I couldn't go - I was working :-( Anyway, he surprised them all by showing up unannounced. No one knew except for our daughter-in-law, Stephanie. Apparently, she's pretty good at keeping secrets. Many a tear was shed when he arrived, and the grandkids were thrilled.

Our two year old grandson, Michael, had a birthday party. It was a John Deere tractor theme party. Don got lucky and found a few John Deere gifts at a local department store. No one else was quite as fortunate. The cake turned out great thanks to the wonderful effort Stephanie put into it. Way to go Stephanie! You can go to "The Brandt Blog" under our blog list and view her August 24th post to see pictures.

Frodo and I missed Don a lot while he was gone. We're glad he's back now, and we're looking forward to Labor Day weekend. (It's an extra day off! Although, the work only piles up when I'm not there). Still, it's nice to be together.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Good to see you back!

Don is right about it getting easier as time goes along. It takes us about three months to master the mechanics of a job, then you can begin to put it to use. You'll get there!

Stephanie Brandt said...

What a perfect background! Thanks for giving up Don last weekend, it was great spending time with him. The girls are going through "Junior Moleman" withdrawal. :)

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com