Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's that time again. We are getting ready to deal poker at the Borgata Winter open. This is our second time dealing. I feel a lot more confident this time. It's amazing how much pressure there is. You would think it's just a game, but I have always done well at anything that I have tried and want to do well here too. My wife is a natural at it. Her big problem is counting the chips when they get to be big stacks, hence the picture of the chips and our practice at home.

We have been down at the Borgata all last week practicing and I hope that all the extra work will pay off. Our goal is when we get to "officially" retire that we can move some place that has poker and deal part time while we enjoy our retirement. We really would rather be playing the game, however that takes money!

The worst part of all of it is that our baby (Frodo the Beagle) will be home alone a lot. He handles it pretty well, but is sure glad to see us when we get home!

No comments: