Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Poker Pros

Two weeks of the poker tournament are now over for Don and me. The tournament is still going on, but tonight was the last night for us to deal cards. We were both in the main event tonight. Players started out with $50,000 in chips.

Kathy Liebert was playing at the first table where I dealt. For those who don't follow much poker, she's a professional poker player who I see on television a lot. She does quite well at it too. I really enjoyed dealing to her. She was very polite and quite social. Don dealt to her after I did. I've included a picture of her here that I found on the internet.

It's kind of sad that the tournament is over now, but I'm glad for the break. I think they have another one in June, but I'm not sure. Frodo will be grateful it's over. He'll be getting in his walks a lot more often now. We went the other day to the park, and the pond was covered with ice. It was pretty that way.

1 comment:

Stephanie Brandt said...

Glad you had fun at the tournament! What a neat new background -- at first I thought it was like a deck of cards for the poker tournament, then I realized it was a Valentines background. Fun!