Saturday, May 9, 2009

Il Divo

Cheryl and I went to Fairfax, VA yesterday for an Il Divo concert. If you do not know who they are, you can find them on you tube. The show was great! I would go again, but would try for different seats. We were high up and off to a side. But it was still worth the trip.

The most impressive part was that Cheryl and I stayed with in our points for weight watchers! In the past we would have just forgotten the diet for the day and pigged out. But we are both very serious about this and we stuck with it. I'm very proud of her and I don't want to be the one that gets us off the straight and narrow path!

Now back to the show. They performed most of the songs from their newest CD The Promise. I have that CD and love all the songs on it. Their version of Amazing Grace and Mama bring tears to my eyes everytime. They performed for 2 hours and 2 costume changes (Tux). The show was at the basketball facility at George Mason University. The campus and facility was pretty impressive. Click here to watch "Mama." Watch it with your mother or on Mothers Day, if you aren't in tears then you have a very hard heart!

We spent the night at a hotel and got up this morning to drive home. It was about a 4 hour ride, and being the glutton for punishment that I am, I decided to mow the yard just after we got back. Needless to say I am beat tonight.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

I'm so envious of your trip to see Il Divo! Definitely a huge favorite of mine, and "Mama" .... you're right, I think a person would have to be made of stone to not be moved. I wish I could listen with my mom, but she's been gone now 9 years.

I'm glad you had such a nice getaway.

mada1111 said...

My sister and I were at that concert. Granted we only live 90 or so minutes away, the rush hour traffic caused the trip to be about three hours. But the show more than made up for it. It was my first time seeing them live. My sis isn't as big a fan, or rather she wasn't until the concert. We were in near-nosebleed seats, still it was wonderful.

Stephanie Brandt said...

Glad you had such a fun time! I've heard of them but that's about it, I don't know if I can think of any of their songs. Are there others I might know?

I always love your new backgrounds, too!

Daisy said...

I love to listen to IlDivo.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com