Friday, May 22, 2009

Total Randomness

I am a firm believer in blogs having a theme. "Our Adventures" is supposed to be about all the activities and events that happen in the lives of my husband and me. But sometimes that is difficult. Sometimes we don't do very much that justifies putting in a blog. But then sometimes, simple things like relishing the heat of the sun on my face or watching my dog's reaction to a deer feeding at the side of our yard or the fulfillment of gardening or completed housework all might just be worth an entry into the blog. Mundane, routine things we often take for granted.

So I decided to post some pictures I took while trying to figure out my camera. I'm having trouble adjusting the focus because I wear bifocals, and there's so much to the camera I don't understand. But I'll never get it right if I don't start "pointing and clicking." So here goes...

This is the deer Frodo spied. Don puts down corn for the squirrels, but the deer love it. This one is a bit blurry.















Frodo looking at the deer through the front porch vinyl posts















One of my hibiscus flowers















I don't know what these are? Do you?















The tag from this plant says it's a Carolyn Whorton "Caladium."















Our four year old baby















These easy wave petunias are just starting out. They're a deep purple, really, but the picture turned out kind of blue. Weird.















Sunscape Daisy Seaside
"Osteospermum ecklonis" --
Like I'd know that without the tag!















A cool laminate floor is just the ticket after sunning on the deck!















Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

4 comments:

runamoks said...

Good pictures! Wasn't the one of the deer through my window?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the picture of the deer was taken out the window. Maybe that's why it's blurry. --Cheryl

Lynilu said...

I think that plant you couldn't identify is periwinkle. Not real sure, but it is similar. Nice pictures!

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com