Friday, May 1, 2009

A Spring Day at the Zoo

We had a wonderful time at the Cape May County Zoo this past Monday. Don decided to take a day off, and the weather was so sunny and nice. We couldn't just stay indoors.

The ride to the zoo was exceptional too. Driving over the bridge toward Ocean City was breathtaking. A big, beautiful blue sky smiled down on us while the bay glistened from the sun. What topped the whole thing off was riding next to Don. We always have fun together. Not bad after almost twenty three years together.

We even stuck with our diet while we were there. Oops, I shouldn't say the "D" word since we're not really "dieting." It's a lifestyle change. Everyone likes it though except the dog. He doesn't get many table scraps these days. At least I stayed away from the shaved lemon ice - my favorite every time I visit a zoo!

I took pictures with our new camera only to find out I needed a better zoom lens. Our Kodak store at the mall is going out of business, so I was able to buy one there at a good discount.

These turtles were cute. If you can see the baby, it's really cute too. I was zoomed in as much as possible with what I had to work with. The baby turtle is at the end of the vertical row at the bottom. Looks sort of like a rock. I don't know if you can click on the picture to make it bigger if you want to see it. (Edit: I have since found out you can). The first picture is Don about to walk through the entrance to the part of the zoo where the buffalo, giraffe, zebra, etc. congregate.

This was the best I could zoom in on the giraffes. Got the bigger, better lens now though. Can't wait to use it. Zoom, zoom, zoom!

4 comments:

Daisy said...

I have never been to the Cape May zoo. I'll have to check that out. Glad you had a good time.

Stephanie Brandt said...

Great pictures! Is that the zoo we went to with you that one time? Didn't the camel spit on Don or something?

Anonymous said...

Same zoo but they have changed it. You can't get as close to the animals as before. Still a great zoo for free.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com